Juniper Paragon automation software suite
Eslam Eid Hassan, Solutions Architect
Juniper’s CEO Rami Rahim described Paragon as a “WAN automation software suite; a cloud-delivered solution to assure customer service experience.”
“By automating our service assurance process with Juniper’s cloud-native Paragon active assurance solution, our engineering and operation organisations can guarantee that scheduled changes in our core and access networks do not impact customer experience, which allows us to mitigate expensive repairs,” said Kenji Ogura, director of IP core engineering at Consolidated Communications, in a statement.
“Our automated WAN business is Juniper's heritage and still represents our largest business,” said Rahim.
The Juniper Paragon automation suite is fully cloud-native and 5G targeted. Built for modern/mobile/5G network operators, every application is designed for experience networks. With the introduction of the Juniper Paragon automation suite, Juniper has taken automation to the experience first era by addressing the whole life cycle by delivering an experience for both operators and end-users.
Paragon automation suite includes network topology virtualisation in real-time and integration support for MPLS and segment routing across networks, including path computation and network resources optimisation and what-if scenarios and service planning.
Paragon can be hosted on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
Automation paves the way for assured service experience
It automates the full lifecycle of plan-orchestrate-assure-correlate-optimise
The cloud-native automation portfolio that works together from plan – orchestrate – assure – correlate and then optimise, will transform the operational experience and end-user experience.
Juniper Paragon automation powers the WAN for the experience first era
- In the planning stage, Paragon Planner (formerly NorthStar Planner, now built as a cloud-native application) plans, models, and verifies services before deploying. It forecasts the impact of network changes like latency, traffic flows, new traffic, and the impact of new services.
- In the orchestrate stage, Juniper partner’s Anuta Atom orchestrates and monitors the network devices and service. It eliminates costly deployment errors by automating operational workflows for service management.
- After orchestrating the intent, the assure stage is a critical stage to ensure the service experience, Paragon Active Assurance (formerly Netrounds, Juniper’s recent acquisition), actively tests and assures services across physical, hybrid, and virtual networks. It utilises synthetic traffic to verify applications services across the whole lifecycle.
- Operations need to move from reactive to predictive. In the correlate stage, Paragon Insights (formerly HealthBot, now built as a cloud-native application) diagnoses the network and services health with the power of streaming telemetry and ML analytics, based on its correlation, it provides actionable insights into network behaviour for service assurance with closed-loop remediation.
- Finally, in the optimise stage, Paragon Pathfinder (formerly NorthStar, now built as a cloud-native application) obtains granular visibility into SR, MPLS, and Network Slice path flows, then it provisions and optimises network capacity through closed-loop automation.
Juniper Networks & partnership
is a Juniper Elite Partner with advanced security and enterprise routing specialities and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognised by Juniper as technical experts and advocates of Juniper solutions. That means you can count on for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your networking requirements, and design, implement and manage a Juniper-based solution to suit your needs.
More Juniper Networks updates
Mist AI Enterprise networking
Back to the office with a strong Wi-Fi connection
With hybrid working, the use of workstations is becoming increasingly flexible. One consequence is that the existing Wi-Fi network is more heavily loaded than before. Is the network ready for this?
SASE Juniper Networks
Simplifying the SASE experience with Juniper Networks
With the addition of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Juniper Secure Edge now provides full-stack SSE capabilities, simplifying the SASE experience for customers.
Samantha Madrid from Juniper Networks
Zero Touch Provisioning Juniper Networks
Case study: Using Juniper Zero Touch Provisioning with Raspberry PI 4
With Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) you can automatically provision new Juniper Networks devices in your network with very little manual interaction. In this case study, we discuss the use of Raspberry PI as an FTP and DHCP server.
Eslam Eid Hassan