Data, workloads and applications now live in environments where it’s difficult or impossible to deploy physical firewalls
So how do you protect digital assets – regardless of where they’re located? You deploy VM-Series virtual firewalls, with all the capabilities of Palo Alto Networks market-leading, next-generation firewalls – but in a virtual machine form factor.
Now you can manage perimeter threats as well as threats that can move laterally within and across environments – anywhere.
To protect your virtualized applications, workloads, and data, your organization needs cloud security that:
- Uses the application identity to enable segmentation and allow listing.
- Controls resource access based on need and user identity.
- Prevents malware from gaining access and moving laterally from workload to workload.
- Simplifies management and can be fully automated to minimize friction as well as security policy lag as virtual workloads change.
Organisations are quickly adopting multi-cloud architectures as a means of distributing risk and taking advantage of the core competencies of different cloud vendors. To ensure your applications and data are protected across public clouds, virtualised data centres, and NFV deployments, the VMSeries has been designed to deliver up to 16 Gbps of App-IDenabled firewall performance across five models.
The VM-Series protects your applications and data with next-generation security features that deliver superior visibility, precise control, and threat prevention at the application level
- Application visibility for informed security decisions
- “Segment/Allow” applications for security and compliance
- Prevent advanced attacks within allowed application flows
- Control application access with user-based policies
- Policy consistency through centralised management
- Container protection for managed Kubernetes environments
Detect hard-to-find threats
- Go beyond simple port blocking with integrated security services. Inspect every inbound/outbound packet for known/unknown threats.
Stop outbound traffic exfiltration
- Integrated DLP blocks attackers from accessing and removing sensitive data. Leverage traffic decryption for outbound inspection.
Protect against lateral movement
- Go Zero Trust: Keep threats from roaming inside environments. Integrated IPS provides enhanced segmentation and micro-segmentation.