An evolving risk landscape demands active protection
The digital transformation creates new types of risks at an accelerated pace for organisations. F5's Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) helps organisations to address and manage these evolving risks and challenges.
Why the F5 Networks Web Application Firewall (WAF)?
For many organisations apps are their business. Unfortunately, applications are also the initial target in 53 percent of breaches, making web attacks the leading cause of data breaches. Despite the best efforts of secure application- and patch-management processes, half of all applications remain vulnerable 24x7.
Web Application Firewalls (WAF) protect your applications from data breaches by fixing vulnerabilities and stopping attacks. F5's Advanced Web Application Firewal provides application-layer encryption, API inspection, malicious bot protection, and even behaviour analytics to help defend against application attacks.
Without having to update the apps themselves, F5 Advanced WAF protects against the most prevalent attacks on your apps:
- Automated attacks and bots that can overwhelm application resources
- Attacks that steal application credentials or take advantage of compromised accounts
- Application-layer attacks that evade signature- and reputation-based security solutions
- New attack surfaces and threats due to the rapid adoption of APIs
- Bots that target browser-based and mobile clients
Unique capabilities setting F5's WAF apart
F5 Advanced WAF identifies and blocks attacks that many other WAF solutions don’t, due to missing defend mechanism capabilities. From L7 DDoS detection that uses machine learning and behavioral analytics, to application-layer encryption to protect against credential and data theft. This is why F5's Advanced Web Application Firewalls include features that are unique in the WAF market.
- Advanced application protection
- An incremental increase in application security. It’s a fundamental transformation that combines machine learning, threat intelligence, and deep application expertise.
- Anti-Bot Mobile SDK
- When combined with F5 WAF solutions, secures and protects mobile applications from bots and automated attacks via application whitelisting, behavioral analysis, secure cookie validation, and advanced app hardening.
- Behavioural analytics
- Behavioural analytics and machine learning provide highly accurate L7 DDoS detection and mitigation.
- Proactive bot defense
- Identifies malicious bots bypassing standard detection methods and mitigates threats before doing damage. Protects apps from automated attacks by bots and other automated attack tools, helping prevent layer 7 DoS attacks, web scraping, brute force attacks, and more.
- Credential Protection
- DataSafe encryption protects sensitive information from interception by obfuscating fields and encrypting sensitive data. DataSafe encrypts data at the application layer to protect against data-extracting malware and keyloggers, rendering stolen data useless.
- API Protocol Security
- Deploys tools that secure REST/JSON, XML, and GWT APIs.
Cyber readiness & XDR: Progress, challenges & opportunities
Trellix pays particularly close attention to how EDR and XDR are being implemented across the public and private sectors.
WAF F5 Networks
WAF technology needs to adapt now that apps are increasingly distributed
As workload deployments expand across diverse environments and app architectures, organisations want to be able to enforce consistent security controls across all applications, anywhere.
Frank Kyei-Manu from F5
ZTNA 1.0 vs ZTNA 2.0
ZTNA 2.0 provides a new era of secure access. It solves trust problems by removing implicit trust to help ensure organisations are properly secured.